Tuesday 17 June 2008

Coldplay, birthdays and sleep


Good morning everybody!


Welcome along to my second post (don't worry, I'm not going to count every post I do).


Before I begin, I must admit that I am a mess today. Was out last night with the family celebration my mum's 60th birthday. Had a lovely evening last night, so did my mum who was loving the attention. We wined and dined her at some swanky restaurant near Tower Bridge - which was nice.


Last night, Coldplay did an incredible gig at the Brixton Academy in London for Radio 1. Coldplay are my favourite band and have been since I was about 12. However, the gig fell on the eve of my mum's birthday, not just any birthday mind you. 60th. A big one. I had to sacrifice my beloved band for her. And what a good choice too. Not only was it a great evening, I'd never be able to take my washing for her to do ever again.


Seriously though, if you're a Coldplay fan, you need to see them live sometime soon. They will just blow you away. There's still some tickets available from various places: http://www.seetickets.com/gat/coldplay.html


Anywhooo, I managed to get along to see them on Friday at a special rehearsal gig at Wembley Arena. It was for friends and family of Coldplay...and urrrm, music industry nobs. Guess which category I was in. I would love to put some photos up online of the night but we weren't allowed to take any. Top secret stuff.


Anyway, that's all for now. I'm off to sleep.


More soon...


Greg





















No comments: